Posted on December 9, 14 by Design Works Gaming
Design Works Gaming has an immediate opening for a full time game mathematician to join our development team in a casual high energy environment. This position would be involved in the development of new game concepts, the creation and verification of mathematical calculations, and technical game writing for those games. The ideal candidate will have an excellent ability to think outside of the box, will be genuinely excited and enthusiastic about learning, and find new solutions. Strong attention to detail and tremendous organization are mandatory.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Participates in the creation and review of original mathematical models and new game themes and concepts for electronic and physical reel gaming slot machines.
- Works with the Senior Game Mathematician in conducting and verifying math calculations
- Produces and reviews documentation for regulators describing math models
- Produces and reviews on-screen writing
- Produces and reviews information for clients
- Produces technical documentation and information for the artists and programmers
- Works with programming team to implement games on multiple platforms, and verifies math implementation
- Contributes to the design of casino games with the ability to be creative in the context of market demand
- BS in Mathematics or Computer Science and 1-3 years’ experience in a mathematician role; or an acceptable combination of directly related experience and education
- Proficient in MS Word and Excel
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Consistently meets deadlines and expectations
- C++ Programming experience
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English
- Must have strong communication skills
- Ability to synthesize complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data
- Ability to generate creative solutions; Translates concepts and information into mathematical models; Uses feedback to modify designs; Applies design principles; Demonstrates attention to detail
- Ability to apply statistical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance
Exceptional candidates will possess
- Experience in casino game design, building mathematical models, and game systems
- Experience with Excel Macros
- Experience with Objective C
Compensation and Benefits
Salary DOE, excellent benefits and a casual fun environment.
To apply click the "Apply Here" button and submit your information and resume.
This is for a Full-Time position in our Scottsdale, Arizona office.
<< Back To Career List