Director of Engineering
Posted on April 17, 18 by Design Works Gaming
Design Works Gaming is searching for a highly-qualified candidate to help take an already established, rapidly growing engineering organization to the next level. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in managing increasingly large teams of software engineers, preferably in the social gaming industry. This candidate needs to be passionate about developing an engineering culture and maximizing the teams’ potential.
Essential Job Functions
- Manage a global engineering organization with offices in Scottsdale, AZ and the UK
- Evaluate existing talent and refine interviewing process to ensure hiring of high potential individuals
- Define and facilitate professional development opportunities for engineers
- Liaise with product and production teams to advocate for engineering
- Perform 1:1 reviews with engineering leads and provide coaching and mentoring
- Work to provide a comprehensive onboarding process for new engineers to indoctrinate them into the company development culture
- Help define processes and standards to ensure the delivery of high quality, reliable, maintainable code
- Provide technical guidance to engineers on best practices for coding, documentation, testing, etc.
- Coordinate work being done across multiple office/countries as well as international team collaboration.
- Understand vision of the company, make recommendations and execute those directives to upper management.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Strong fundamental programming skills, particularly in C#, HTML5, PHP, C++, Unity and Native IOS and Android applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Understanding of internal project management tools
- Experience with continuous integration
- Understanding of the game development pipeline
- Understanding of RESTful APIs, and client/server interactions
- Experience using Azure or other cloud based infrastructures, CDNs, etc.
Physical Requirements: Office environment
Work Conditions: May require weekend and/or evening hours and travel
To apply click the "Apply Here" button and submit your information and resume.
<< Back To Career List